Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Lies and Lullabies


Lies and Lullabies *Inspired by Just Desserts by MATD
I was in the dark                         
You were the blinding light
You filled my heart
I couldn’t resist yet I tried to fight
But you were a lullaby
And I fell and listened to every word until I was blind
You WERE the answer
That I had always been trying to find
I gave you a little too much
Perhaps it was a little too much to touch
It was bitter, yet sweet
I spent my days and nights chasing a dream    
I was chasing nothing but lies
Though I could not, would not break free
They glittered like gold
They were so promising with glee
I was chasing nothing but stars
A dream, nothing was what it seemed
was chasing the stars
And sugar coated lies
I was chasing the stars
And “soothing” lullabies.

No comments:

Post a Comment