Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Tear for Vincent (Tear drops on the rose)


 

It's been four years since we last saw each other, since we last embraced,

Before you died in my arms underneath the tree, snow fell on you and me.

As you took your last breath, I pulled the white rose from my hair, the tear fell,

A tear drop fell on the rose, a tear for you.

Ever since then, it seems like nights have been cold and chilly,

And there has never been light since that dreary day.

And after your funeral as I took a deep breath, I let the rose drop,

As the rose drop in the casket a tear fell, it streamed down my cheeks, for you.

To the Kingdom a hero was lost, but to me my whole life was gone,

My whole world was destroyed; it was as if the angels swept you away.

And left me here alone and breathless, my heart grew cold and I,

Deep down inside, I died along with you.

I remember as I watched you take your last breath, I took my last breath,

And I remember on that day, your blue eyes looked into mine.

I could see you mouthing out words: Pray

And I could see your lips moving, repenting of past sins

And I prayed, too, asking God to spare your life

With a weak smile, you gazed into my eyes as you touched

My cold, grey face, and I whispered “I love you, Angel.”

And with that, you took your last breath. The world slowly faded to

Grey as you slipped away to another kingdom of your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment